Cooking Time : 17 minutes microwave cooking.
Ajinomoto a pinch
Cashew nuts, roasted
Preparation & Cooking
- Grate whole lemons with a fine grater and collect the fresh lemon rind.
- Cut and squeeze lemons.
- Separate egg yolks and whites.
- Place cashew nuts in an envelope and roast for 1½ minute, shaking once after 1 minute. Cool; chop them lengthwise and keep for garnishing.
- Cut chicken breast into thin strips and marinate with juice of 1 lemon, ajinomoto (MSG) and 1 tsp salt for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Combine chicken stock, lemon juice, salt and pepper and heat on HIGH for 1 minute.
- In a microwave-safe bowl mix egg yolks, 2 tbsp corn flour and butter, beat with a rotary beater and pour chicken stock over it and keep stirring till smooth.
- Cook in the microwave for 3 minutes on HIGH, stirring once after 2 minutes. Remove from the oven; add lemon rind and cover.
- Beat egg whites very stiff and fold into the lemon sauce. Keep it covered.
- Strain marinated chicken and sprinkle with1 tbsp flour. Mix properly. Save the liquid.
- In another bowl heat chilli oil for 2 minutes on HIGH; add chicken pieces and stir to coat with oil and cook for 3 minutes on HIGH, uncovered, stirring once.
- Add the saved liquid to the chicken, cover and cook for 3 minutes on HIGH.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to the bowl of gravy; add half the coriander; cover and keep aside. Reheat the dish before serving for 3 minutes.
Garnish with rest of the chopped coriander and cashew nuts and serve it hot with any bread.
*All the images are indicative.