Apple and Apricot Crumble
Cooking Time : 14 minutes micro cooking and 30 minutes baking.
Brown Sugar/Lal Shakkar
Fresh cream (opt)
Preparation & Cooking
- Heat 2 cups water on HIGH for 2 minutes and soak apricots for 2 hours.
- Peel, core and chop apples; mix with lemon juice and ½ cup water, sugar and cinnamon powder; cover and cook on micro MEDIUM for 6 minutes; take out and mash with a wooden spoon.
- Remove the stones from the apricots; mix them with the water they were soaked in; add clove powder; cover and cook for 6 minutes on HIGH; let the dish stand for 5 minutes; add jaggery and pass through a blender.
- Break the apricot nuts and retrieve the nutmeat; slice and add to the apricot pulp.
- Heat the CONVECTION mode of your microwave on 180° Celsius.
- Sift wheat flour and mix with brown sugar in a bowl; cut butter into small pieces and rub into the flour mixture till it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Grease a heatproof dish and pour the apple mixture into it.
- Carefully spread the layer of apricot pulp on top of the apples.
- Finally spread a layer of crumble on top of apricots.
- Sprinkle sugar on top of crumble and bake in the hot oven for 30 minutes or so. Crumble should be bubbling and golden brown on top.
Serve hot immediately with or without 1 tsp cream on top of each helping.
Try crumble on any other fruit combination.
*All the images are indicative.