Apple Chutney (Ginger and Cinnamon-flavoured)
Cooking Time : 10 minutes for micro cooking.
Preparation & Cooking
- Wash, clean, core and grate cooking apples.
- Mix apple and lemon juice.
- Place them in a large microwave-safe glass bowl, cover with the lid and cook on micro HIGH for 5 minutes; stir, cover and cook again for 3 minutes.
- Open the lid and stir. Now add sugar, ginger, cinnamon and pepper powders. Add salt and butter; cover and cook for 2 minutes more on HIGH. Stir properly and cool.
- Check the seasoning once again. Sprinkle crushed almonds and store under refrigeration in a clean glass bottle. Use it as and when required.
Enjoy it with parathas/pooris or spread it on toasted bread or plain pancakes. Like honey, children love this chutney/sauce with plain rotis, too.
Use ¼ cup orange juice instead of lemon juice and follow rest of the recipe.
The pickle will be ready after 3 to 4 days. Keep it in a jar in the sun regularly for a few days. Remove the lid; tie a clean piece of muslin cloth on the mouth of jar and place in the sun for a week or so. Shake the bottle of pickle every day.
*All the images are indicative.