Baked Trio (Three-layered pasta)
Cooking Time : 33 minutes micro cooking.
Italian tomato sauce
Preparation & Cooking
- In a large microwave-safe bowl boil 5 cups water on HIGH for 8 minutes; add 1 tsp salt and cooking oil; add pasta and cook till al dente for 10 minutes on micro HIGH. Drain and pour cold water over it, so that it is not overcooked. Now divide it in three portions.
- In one portion of pasta add grated cheese, milk, salt and pepper powder and 1 tbsp butter. Mix lightly and keep aside.
- In another bowl heat 1 tbsp butter and fry onion for 2 minutes on HIGH. Add 1 tsp grated ginger, spinach purée, cream and 1 tsp pepper powder. Mix it with second portion of pasta and check the seasoning.
- Mix Italian tomato sauce with the third portion of noodles and keep aside.
- Cut the cheese slices into triangles.
- Take an ovenproof dish and smear it with a little oil.
- First place the portion with tomato sauce in the dish.
- Now gently spread the portion with milk and cheese on it.
- And finally place the portion mixed with spinach on it.
- Decorate the top with cheese triangles or grated cheese.
- Bake on COMBINATION – 1 for 15 minutes.
You may use cut macaroni or spaghetti instead of instant noodles.
Serve pasta hot with cream of tomato Soup and its accompaniments.
If pasta is boiled earlier on gas stove, the cooking time will reduce tremendously.
*All the images are indicative.