Brinjal Rolls in Tomato Sauce
Cooking Time : 17 minutes microwave cooking.
Preparation & Cooking
- Cut the brinjal into very thin slices lengthwise. Sprinkle them with1 tsp salt and pepper each to avoid discolouration. Keep them aside for 30 minutes.
- Blanch tomato. Put a cross across stem side of tomato and micro cook on HIGH for 2 minutes. Peel the skin when cold and cut it into small pieces.
- Chop onions, garlic and green chillies very fine.
- Heat cooking oil in a microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute on HIGH and add chopped onions, chillies, garlic and tomato. Micro cook on HIGH for 3 minutes, uncovered. Add coriander and cumin powder, 1 tsp salt, chopped coriander and cashew nuts powder. Mix it well and keep aside. Place brinjal slices in the steaming basket and cook them for 2 minutes on micro HIGH, so that they become limp.
- Mix flour with ¼ cup water and keep aside.
- Now divide the onion mixture according to the number of brinjal slices. Place each slice on the chopping board and spread one portion of onion stuffing on it.
- Roll it; dip in flour mixture and place in a shallow micro-proof dish.
- Finish stuffing, rolling, dipping and placing rest of the slices in the microwave-safe dish. You may stick a toothpick in each roll to secure and avoid opening.
- Combine tomato sauce, chilli-garlic sauce, butter, clove-cinnamon powder, ½ tsp salt and water in a microwave-safe bowl; cook on micro HIGH for 3 minutes, covered; mix corn Main Course 125 flour with 3 tbsp water and add to the tomato sauce; cook for 1 minute more on HIGH and remove the dish. Let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Slowly pour the sauce over brinjal rolls and garnish with 1 tbsp grated cheese and oregano.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes on micro HIGH just before serving.
Serve the hot spicy rolls with any rice dish or dinner rolls.
Instead of onion stuffing use 200 gm precooked mutton/chicken mince for stuffing.
Cream of Spinach: Spinach purée + white sauce + stock + fresh cream + seasoning. Cream of Pumpkin: Cooked and puréed pumpkin pulp + clove powder + béchamel sauce + seasoning. Serve it garnished with roasted sesame seeds and chopped coriander. Cream of Mushroom: Mushroom sauce passed through a liquidiser + Veg/non-veg stock + chopped mushroom + seasoning +cream + parsley. Cream of Mixed Veg: Cooked and puréed mix vegetables + ginger powder + water + seasoning +coconut milk. Add a bouquet garni while cooking vegetables. Garnish with fried Garlic.
*All the images are indicative.