Cooking Time : 12 minutes for micro cooking.
Preparation & Cooking
- Heat 2 cups of water in a microwave-safe bowl for 2 minutes.
- Wash and soak broken red chillies in this hot water for 1 hour.
- Cook them in the same water, covered, for 8 minutes on micro HIGH. Let them stand for 3 minutes, then remove from oven, mix garlic and cover again. Cool.
- Put salt, vinegar, chillies and garlic in a blender and blend until smoothened.
- In a small bowl heat oil for 2 minutes on micro HIGH and mix with the smooth chilligarlic paste.
- Transfer the sauce into a clean and dry glass-bottle and refrigerate.
- Use as it is, when required. Under refrigeration it lasts for almost a month.
Chilli-Garlic sauce is used for variety of things while cooking. It can be mixed with gravies and also it can be used for flavouring dry vegetables. You may mix it with sandwich spread to make yummy sandwiches. You may use it along with salad dressings to enrich the flavour of the salads.
Omit garlic and make ‘Chilli Sauce’.
No preservatives are added here.
*All the images are indicative.