Cooking Time : 15 minutes microwave cooking.
Preparation & Cooking
- Powder sugar.
- Sieve together flour, cocoa, coffee and baking powder twice and keep aside.
- In the baking dish put 1 tbsp butter and micro HIGH for 30 seconds. Then spread the butter evenly all over inside the dish and keep aside. You may use your hand to smear the dish with butter.
- Mix together butter, powder sugar and egg yolks with a hand or electric beater till the mixture is creamy. Use a little milk if required.
- Add a little flour and milk alternately and mix thoroughly till all the flour is over. Add vanilla essence and mix again.
- Beat egg whites stiff and fold into the cake mixture lightly but thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture in the greased dish and bake on COMBINATION – 3 for 12 minutes. (Press the COMBINATION button on your microwave thrice).
- Take out of the oven and let it stand for 10 to 15 minutes on the platform.
Cakes cooked in microwave initially appear wet but after the standing time they become all right (dry), so, wait and watch carefully.
The same cake can be baked in a CONVECTION mode of your microwave on 180° celsius but you must preheat the oven for 15 minutes before placing the cake inside. Bake it for 35 to 40 minutes or till the cake is done.
Aluminium mould can be used in a CONVECTION mode. Cut white or brown paper according to the size of the mould; fit in it and grease before adding the cake batter in it.
Cut the cake into squares and serve with evening tea or high tea or place one 2-inch square piece of cake in a plate and serve with generous helping of vanilla ice cream, topping it with 1 tsp chocolate sauce as a dessert.
For Chocolate Sauce: Mix together 2 tbsp cocoa powder and 4 tbsp Sugar with ¾ cup Water in a microwave-safe glass bowl and cook on micro HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring once.
Cream icing can also be done on the cake and served. Beat 200 ml fresh cream with 2 tbsp icing sugar; add a pinch of cream of tartar; apply on the cake and chill it before serving.
Make chocolate cake. Instead of coffee powder add two tbsp more Cocoa powder and increase sugar by ¼ cup; rest follow the same procedure.
Make baked alaska on chocolate cake.
*All the images are indicative.