Delicious Beetroot Borscht (Cold Beetroot Soup)
Cooking Time : 6 minutes micro cooking and 15 minutes for final preparation. Chilling time is not taken into consideration.
to taste Salt & pepper
Preparation & Cooking
- Wash and peel the beetroots; chop them roughly and place in the steaming basket; cook them for 6 minutes on micro HIGH and cool.
- Mix beetroots, stock, lemon juice, salt, pepper and half of the cream in a blender and liquidise to a smooth mixture. You may strain it through a coarse sieve.
- Refrigerate it for a few hours, preferably overnight, before serving.
Serve chilled and garnished with the remaining sour cream. Or serve it chilled with finely chopped cucumber and spring onions.
- Instead of sour cream use freshly set but slightly sour curds for the chilled soup.
- Serve the soup hot with boiled and cubed potatoes.
- If you do not have chilling time at hand but you want to serve this delicious cold soup, then instead of stock take lesser quantity of water and with the tastemaker soup cubes available in the market, blend all the ingredients in a blender. Add ice-cubes before blending and consume it instantly. No chilling is required here.
*All the images are indicative.