Carrier Midea India E-waste Recycling Program
In its pursuit of sustainable business development, Carrier Midea India continues to be committed to the goal of Environmental Protection.
Carrier Midea India is fully compliant with applicable environmental protection and health and safety laws and regulations. In its constant endeavour to be fully compliant with all regulatory standards, Carrier Midea India has initiated the Carrier Midea India Recycling Program to recycle all obsolete, damaged and end of life products in a scientific and environment friendly manner.
We request all our customers and channel partners to be a part of the Carrier Midea India Recycling Program and be more harmonious with the environment. By joining our efforts we can surely reduce our collective environmental footprints.
E-Waste has been defined as “waste electrical and electronic equipment, whole or in part or rejects from their manufacturing and repair process, which are intended to be discarded”. Whereas Electrical and electronic equipment has been defined as “equipment which is dependent on electrical currents or electro-magnetic fields to be fully functional”.
In the recent years, there has been increasing use and dependence on electrical and electronic gadgets like mobile phones, computers, laptops, server, data storage devices, photo copying machines, televisions, washing machines, refrigerators, air conditioners, etc. resulting into generation of large quantities of E-Waste.
Therefore, the E-Waste (Management & Handling) Rules, 2011 have been notified with primary objective to channelize the E-Waste generated in the country for environmentally sound recycling which is largely controlled by the un-organized sector who are adopting crude practices that results into higher pollution and less recovery, thereby causing wastages of precious resources and damage to environment.
Carrier Midea India is committed to the cause of environmental sustainability and social leadership and is whole heartedly committed to abide by the provisions of the E-Waste (Management & Handling) Rules, 2011.
- E-Waste contains many valuable items like copper, aluminum, gold and silver. Unscientific disposal of E-Waste leads to the loss of these valuable metals and put more pressure on the ever depleting natural resources.
- There is a need to encourage recycling of all useful and valuable material from E-Waste so as to conserve the ever depleting natural resources.
- The electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) contains hazardous/toxics substances in their components. If the E-Waste is opened-up in an un-scientific manner or if the material is disposed in open, then it may cause health risks and damage to environment.
- Electronic devices contains various heavy metals like lead, mercury, and cadmium. When these electronics end up in landfills, many of these chemicals leach into the soil during rainfall and contaminate both soil and water.
- Incineration of E Waste is associated with the risk of generating and dispersing contaminants and toxic substances. The gases released during the burning and the residue ash is often toxic and harmful for both health and environment.
- Unscientific and improper disposal of E-Waste and the resultant fumes and toxicity leads to various health issues like cancer, respiratory infections, corrosion of lung tissues, growth retardation, abnormal brain development and long term impact on memory, learning and behavior, damage to central nervous system, liver, kidney, thyroid and bones, hormonal imbalance, cardiovascular and heart diseases.
THEREFORE, WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO RECYCLE ALL END OF LIFE ELECTRONIC ITEMS IN YOUR POSSESSION. CARRIER MIDEA INDIA IS PROUD TO PARTNER WITH A GOVT. APPROVED E-WASTE RECYCLER TO MAKE THIS EASY FOR YOU. YOU ARE SIMPLY REQUIRED TO CALL OUR TOLL FREE NUMBER 1800 30 11 11 11 (FOR Carrier BRAND) AND 1800 30 00 00 11 (FOR MIDEA BRAND) AND REGISTER YOUR REQUEST FOR COLLECTION OF E-WASTE FROM YOUR DOORSTEPS.
How to recycle:
- Contact the toll free number 1800 30 111111 (for Carrier Brand) and 1800 30 00 00 11 (for Midea Brand) and register your request for recycling of Carrier Midea India products.
- On receipt of your call, the representative of the authorized recycler will visit you at your home/premise for inspecting the product and calculating the value.
- As per valuation by authorized recycler, you will be offered the price of electronic products. On your acceptance of offer, authorized recycler will lift the product after giving the offer price to you.
Do’s & Don’ts
- Hand over the E-Waste to the Authorised recycler.
- E-Waste should never be thrown in household bins.
- Keep the product in isolated area, after it becomes non-functional/un-repairable so as to prevent its accidental breakage.
- The product should not be opened by the User himself/herself, but only by authorised service personnel.
- Never sell the e-waste to any unauthorized agencies, scrap dealer/kabadi walahs.
- Never throwing E-Waste in bins as part of household waste.
- Never keep E-Waste in open and exposed area, accessible by all.
- Never open/dismantle any e-waste on your own.
- Which products can be recycled through this Program?
- All products manufactured, imported or sold by Carrier Midea India alone can be recycled through the program. If you want to recycle products of other company, then kindly contact the authorized recycler of the concerned company.
- Do consumers have to pay to get their products disposed?
- Consumers do not have to pay any money either to Carrier Midea India or its authorized recycler for collection and disposal of their products. On the contrary, after proper valuation, our authorized recycler will pay the value of the product to you.
- Which are the locations from where the products can be disposed?
- Our authorized recycler has pan India presence and as such products can be disposed of/collected from your doorsteps across all locations in India.
- Once a call is registered on the toll free number how much time will it take for the authorized recycler to come and collect the product?
- It will take approximately 7-10 days for the authorized recycler to come and collect the product from your residence/premises. However, the period may vary depending on the location. Carrier Midea India being a mere facilitator shall not be responsible for any delay in this regard.
- Can I drop off my products in the nearest Carrier Midea dealer or service centre.
- No. The products has to be handed over to our authorized recycler only.
- The local scrap dealer/kabadiwala is paying more money for the product than the authorized recycler. Shouldn’t I give the product to the scrap dealer/kabadiwala?
- Being responsible citizens, you should not hand over E-Waste to any local scrap dealer/ kabadiwala or any other unauthorized person for some extra amount. Indiscriminate and unscientific disposal of E-Waste pollutes the environment and causes irreversible damage to ecology, human health, flora and fauna. The scientific disposal of E-Waste entails an additional cost and this is the reason why the rates offered by the authorized recycler is sometimes not commensurate with the rates offered by the local scrap dealer/ kabadiwala.