Hot and Sour Soup (Chinese Sour & Pepper Soup)
Cooking Time : 20 minutes micro cooking.
Preparation & Cooking
- Boil 5 cups stock in a deep microwave-safe bowl for 5 minutes on HIGH.
- Add ham, mushrooms, shrimps and bamboo shoots into it and cook on micro MEDIUM for 10 minutes.
- Add shredded chicken, soy sauce, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- To thicken the soup mix corn flour with remaining 1 cup stock and pour over the hot stock. Stir well. Boil for 3 minutes more on HIGH, stirring once in between. Remove the bowl.
- Beat eggs in another bowl and add to the hot soup in a thin stream and keep stirring with a fork to avoid forming lumps or clots.
- REHEAT soup for 3 minutes and serve it hot.
Note:Note: If raw chicken is to be used for shredding, add it to the stock at the 1st step only and take it out of the stock after 2nd step cooking. ¼ tsp Ajinomoto can be added to the soup. You may use Chinese black dry mushrooms, but soak them in warm water for 15 minutes before chopping.
Serve garnished with chopped coriander and additional sauces.
Cook ‘Vegetable Hot and Sour Soup’. Instead of meats, use finely chopped mushrooms, beans, capsicums, carrots, bamboo shoots, shelled green peas and a lot of chopped coriander.