Macaroni Baked in Cheese Sauce
Cooking Time : 18 minutes micro cooking.
Preparation & Cooking
- Grease a microwave-safe dish and keep aside.
- Boil carrots and peas in a steaming basket for 3 minutes on HIGH.
- Combine cheese sauce, oregano and fresh herbs together and mix with boiled macaroni and vegetables. If you find the mixture too thick, add ½ cup milk and check the seasoning.
- Spread half the pasta mixture in the greased dish; arrange half tomato slices and sliced pepper on top and cover with the remaining pasta mixture.
- Arrange rest of the tomato and pepper slices on top of the dish and sprinkle grated cheese over them.
- Bake on COMBINATION – 1 mode for 15 minutes. If the top is not golden brown, then put the dish under Grill for 3 minutes. Remove and serve.
This dish can also be baked in hot oven on CONVECTION mode for 30 to 35 minutes or till the top is golden brown.
Serve with Italian meal or any Continental meal.
Since this dish is a complete meal in itself, a light soup and accompaniment are recommended for the day-to-day menu. Party menu can be as elaborate as you wish.
Cook 200 gm well-spiced minced mutton/chicken separately and add to the macaroni mixture; bake in a microwave or in hot oven as recommended. You may or may not omit the boiled vegetables and herbs from the original recipe. Do not add turmeric powder to the minced meat. Or cook 'baked vegetables in cheese sauce'. Omit the macaroni, and increase the quantity of steamed vegetables. Add potatoes and cauliflower or broccoli to the existing vegetables and follow the same procedure.
*All the images are indicative.