Manchurian Sauce with Steamed Vegetable Balls
Cooking Time : 16 minutes micro cooking.
Onion, finely chopped
Green chillies, chopped
a pinch Ajinomoto
Garlic, finely chopped
Ginger, finely chopped
Salt to taste
Preparation & Cooking
For Manchurian Sauce:
- Heat oil in a microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute on HIGH; add chopped onion, ginger, garlic and green chillies; and cook on HIGH for 2 minutes, stirring once.
- Add water, vinegar, tomato, soy and chilli sauces, salt, pepper, chilli powder, sugar and ajinomoto to the bowl and cook on HIGH for 6 minutes, uncovered, stirring once.
- Mix corn flour with ½ cup water and pour into the sauce, mix well and cook for 3 minutes on HIGH. Take it out and adjust the seasoning. The sauce should be of dark brown colour with a prominent taste of soy sauce and pepper. Keep it covered.
For Steamed Vegetable Balls:
- Combine ½ cup grated cauliflower, ¼ cup finely chopped carrots, ¼ cup finely chopped cabbage, ¼ cup finely chopped spring onions with greens, ¼ chopped capsicum, 2 chillies chopped, 1 egg, 2 tbsp flour, 2 tbsp corn flour, 1 tsp pepper powder, a dash of soy sauce, a dash of chilli sauce and salt in a bowl; make lemon-sized balls and steam them in steaming basket for 4 minutes on HIGH. Stand them for 5 minutes.
- In another bowl add 2 tbsp oil; heat it for 1 minute on HIGH and roll the steamed balls in it and place in the Manchurian sauce.
- Cover and cook on REHEAT for 3 minutes before serving.
Serve with any variety of Chinese fried rice or noodles.
- Add chicken, mutton or prawns, etc, to the Manchurian sauce. Follow the method explained in the recipe of Chinese sweet and sour vegetables.
- Add meatballs or chicken balls to the Manchurian sauce and serve.
*All the images are indicative.