Mango Kesar Phirni (Rice Pudding)
Cooking Time : 11 minutes micro cooking.
strands Milk to soak saffron
Pistachio nuts chopped for garnishing
Preparation & Cooking
- Wash and soak rice in ½ cup water for 3 hours; grind in a blender with 1 cup milk to a smooth paste and remove.
- Pound cardamoms and take out the seeds.
- Blanch and sliver almonds; chop pistachio nuts.
- Soak saffron in 2 tbsp. milk.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl mix ground rice and remaining 600 ml milk; micro cook on HIGH for 5 minutes, uncovered; stir with a whisk to break the lumps if any; cook for another 2 minutes and remove.
- Stir properly; add sugar, half of the almonds, cardamom seeds and saffron; stir again and cook for 4 minutes, stirring once after two minutes. Remove; add mango pulp and whisk again.
- Cool it slightly and pour in individual bowls to set. Garnish phirni bowls with chopped pistachio nuts and almond slivers. Keep under refrigeration till served.
Serve after meals.
Cook it traditionally without mango pulp.
*All the images are indicative.