Cooking Time : 20 minutes micro cooking.
Preparation & Cooking
- Soak raisins in ½ cup water.
- Smear almonds and cashew nuts with 1 tsp oil and place them in a small paper bag; roast them on micro high for 1½ minutes, shaking once.
- Heat butter in a microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute; add onion paste, tomato purée and chilli paste; mix well; cover and cook for 2 minutes on high.
- Add almond/cashew paste, pepper powder, garam masala and salt; cover and cook for 2 minutes on high.
- Pour 2½ cups water and cream in the same bowl; and mix well. Add green peas, carrots, raisins and nuts; cover and cook first 5 minutes on high and next 6 minutes on medium.
- Add paneer cubes, pineapple pieces and cherries; cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stand the dish for 3 minutes and temper with cumin just before serving.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a ladle on top of gas stove; crackle cumin in it; and pour hot tempering over the ready dish.
Serve hot with chapati/naan or paratha.
This dish is slightly on the sweeter side. This special dish is ideal for vegetarians; that is the reason this dish is fondly served and relished in most of the marriages where majority of the guests are vegetarians.
Cut all the vegetables and fruits into small pieces, except cherries and dry fruits, for this dish. Use garam masala without coriander in it.
*All the images are indicative.