Orange-Lemon Chiffon Pie
Cooking Time : 20 minutes baking for the pie and 8 minutes micro cooking for the filling.
Preparation & Cooking
- Press the button of CONVECTION mode of your microwave and preheat oven for 300° Celsius for 15 minutes.
- Sieve flour and salt together. Cut butter into it and mix with your finger-tips till the flour resembles breadcrumbs.
- Now add cold water to gather the ingredients together. Sprinkle a little more cold water evenly and form a ball.
- Roll out dough in circular shape on lightly floured board/platform. Lift carefully and fit into 9" pie shell. Pastry should be 1/8- inch thick. Trim pastry to 1 inch of edge of pie pan and fold underneath.
- Pinch pastry edges or press lightly with a fork. Prick the bottom of the pie, too, with the fork.
- Bake it blind in the very hot oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and keep aside. Cool and take it out carefully from its shell.
- Combine 1 cup sugar, ¼ cup corn flour and ½ tsp salt in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Blend in ¼ cup cold water.
- Heat 1 cup water on HIGH for 1 minute and add to the sugar mixture.
- Add ½ cup orange juice, ¼ cup lemon juice and 1 tbsp grated lemon rind.
- Cook on MEDIUM for 5 minutes, stirring every minute to avoid lumps.
- Beat 3 egg yolks and slowly pour hot mixture over it; stir and cook on HIGH for 2 minutes, stirring once. Add 2 tbsp butter.
- Dissolve1 tbsp gelatin in 4 tbsp water on top of the gas and pour in the hot mixture. Cool.
- Turn the mixture into the baked pie shell and chill.
Cut into the wedges and serve cold.
Choose any other fruit and juice of your choice as for filling in the pastry and follow the same procedure, for example, pineapple and pineapple juice, mango and mango juice or fresh strawberry and strawberry crush.
Pie shell can be baked in advance and kept.
*All the images are indicative.