Pasta with Meat and Italian Tomato Sauce (Pasta with Bolognese Sauce)
Cooking Time : 35 minutes micro cooking.
Red capsicum flakes
Italian herbs (oregano)
Water or Stock
Preparation & Cooking
- Place tomatoes in a blender and purée.
- Strain through a rice colander so that seeds are separated.
- In a big microwave-safe bowl heat butter for 30 seconds on high and add minced garlic; cook for 1 minute on high and mix minced mutton; cook for 3 minutes on high, stirring once and take it out. Break the lumps if any.
- In the same bowl combine tomato purée and all other ingredients for Italian sauce except oregano.
- Cook uncovered on high for 15 minutes, stirring thrice.
- Add minced mutton and oregano to the tomato sauce and cook it covered for 5 minutes more on high, stirring once in between. Let the sauce stand for 5 minutes before using it.
- Sprinkle Italian herbs or oregano and chopped parsley or basil.
- In a square or round microwave-safe dish add 1 tsp oil and spread it properly.
- Cover the base with boiled spaghetti; pour hot tomato-meat sauce over it and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Cook on combination – 1 for 10 minutes. The dish can also be baked in convection mode for 30 minutes.
Serve as a main dish with any Italian meal or with Spinach and Mushroom Soup.
Cook Italian tomato sauce without mutton mince but add mixed Italian herbs, available in leading stores.
*All the images are indicative.