Raw Mango Gudamba
Cooking Time : 12 minutes for micro cooking.
Preparation & Cooking
- Wash, clean and peel raw mangoes. Cut them into 2-inch long slices and discard the stones.
- Grate jaggery and keep aside.
- Deseed the whole red chillies.
- Heat oil in a large microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute and add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, onion seeds and red chillies. Micro cook for 2 minutes on HIGH, uncovered.
- Add turmeric and asafetida powders; cook once again for 1 minute, uncovered.
- Add mango pieces and salt together. Stir and cover with the lid and cook on micro HIGH for 6 to 7 minutes or till it becomes tender.
- Open the lid and mix grated jaggery with mangoes. Cover and stand for 5 minutes.
- Cook on micro MEDIUM for 5 minutes. Stand the dish for 10 minutes and check the seasonings.
- Cool and store in a clean glass jar under refrigeration. It will last for a month or so.
Serve it with any veg/non-veg pulao, roti and paratha, etc.
'Gudamba' means a relish made of gur, i.e jaggery and amba is mango. It is very popular in Maharashtra and Gujarat. During mango season, it is eaten with almost every meal. In Northern India also it is prepared but is a different.
*All the images are indicative.