Roasted Herbal Chicken
Cooking Time : 8 minutes micro cooking or 30 minutes baking in a convection mode.
Preparation & Cooking
- Wash and clean chicken legs and prick them nicely with a fork.
- Grind coriander and green chillies together with curds.
- Mix together hung curds, green chilli and coriander paste, ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice, spice powder, cashew paste, spinach purée, salt and pepper; rub the curd marinade nicely on chicken pieces and marinate for 3 hours.
- Place the chicken legs on the outer side of a microwave-safe platter and cook for 10 minutes, first 6 minutes on HIGH and next 4 minutes on micro medium , turning once. Or Preheat the convection mode of your oven for 180 to 200° Celsius. Arrange the chicken pieces in a baking tray and bake them for 30 to 35 minutes. Turn them with a pair of tongs once and baste with a little oil.
- Take out the tray and check if the chicken is done, and serve it hot. If some liquid is left in a baking tray, collect it and boil with leftover marinade. Mix 1 tsp corn flour with 2 tbsp water and pour in the marinade. Cook on HIGH for 2 minutes and serve it as a dip.
Serve freshly baked and mildly flavoured herbal chicken as a starter.
Make ‘Herbal Tikkas’ with boneless chicken, cook for 5 minutes on micro MeDIUM and serve as starters. Use paneer cubes instead of chicken and cook the same way.
This dish is a part of high protein and low calorie diet as there is hardly any fat in it.
*All the images are indicative.