Cooking Time : 8 minutes micro cooking
Preparation & Cooking
- Wash and chop spring onions, tomatoes and green chillies very fine.
- Grate ginger
- Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper together and keep aside.
- Heat butter in a microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute on HIGH.
- Add green chillies, spring onions, chopped tomatoes and ginger; and cook on HIGH for 2 minutes.
- Pour egg mixture in the bowl and stir; cook on HIGH for 5 minutes, stirring twice in between after 2 minutes.
Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot with toasted bread or plain paratha at breakfast or at any time.
Add Cheese or boiled green Peas to the scramble.
Make Scrambled eggs for ‘egg on toast’—a starter. Beat together 4 eggs, 50 ml milk, 1 tbsp butter, 1 tsp pepper and salt to taste; cook in microwave on HIGH for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring once in between after 2 minutes. Butter the toast and roast, or deep fry un-buttered toasts; nicely; spread a layer of scrambled eggs on toasts and cut each toast into 4 parts (squares/triangles). Serve immediately as starters. You may garnish each piece with a small leaf of parsley or a circle of green or red chilli. Note: Though this dish is a popular breakfast dish in large parts of India with the egg lovers, yet it is considered an emergency dish that cooks within no time. When some near and dear one drops in at odd hours and your refrigerator is empty, or you have to pack a meal for somebody, unplanned, this dish comes in handy.
It is also known as ‘Akoori’ or ‘Rumble-Tumble’.
Avoid overcooking the eggs as they become tough very quickly.
*All the images are indicative.