Soup of Italian Marrow (Cream of Courgette Soup)
Cooking Time : 27 minutes micro cooking.
PPepper, freshly ground
Preparation & Cooking
- Peel, wash and slice courgettes.
- Grate cheese and keep aside.
- Heat olive oil and butter together in a microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute on HIGH.
- Sauté chopped onion in it for 1 minute on HIGH.
- Add sliced courgettes and oregano with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes on HIGH.
- Pour the stock over courgettes and cook for another 10 minutes on HIGH.
- Add cheese (saving some for garnishing) and cook for 2 minutes on HIGH.
- Liquidise the soup in a blender and pass through a sieve.
- Add two-thirds of the cream and stir.
- Check the seasoning and heat soup on REHEAT for 3 minutes.
Add remaining cream in the soup and swirl it with a spoon.
Garnish this creamy textured, rich soup with fresh Oregano and remaining cheese and serve it hot with crisp Bread.
Americans call courgettes zucchini.
*All the images are indicative.