Spinach Soufflé with Cheese Sauce
Cooking Time : 20 minutes microwave cooking.
Preparation & Cooking
- Clean and wash spinach, chop roughly and place in a big microwave-safe bowl. Peel, wash and cut potatoes into small pieces. Mix with spinach, cover and cook for 5 minutes on HIGH. Stand for 3 minutes. Uncover and cool slightly.
- Separate egg yolks and whites.
- Grease a soufflé dish or any other square ovenproof dish with a little cooking oil or butter.
- Mix together milk, egg yolks, spinach and potatoes; pass through a blender; transfer it to another bowl and add grated cheese, salt, pepper and ginger powders to it.
- Heat oil in a ladle on top of gas stove; fry chopped garlic in it and mix it with spinach mixture.
- Beat egg whites very stiff and fold gently into spinach mixture.
- Transfer everything to the greased dish and place in your microwave.
- Cook first 5 minutes on micro HIGH and then on COMBINATION –1 mode for 10 minutes. Remove.
- Place cheese sauce in a small bowl, cover and heat on REHEAT for 1 minute.
Serve hot with warm Cheese sauce along with any Continental meal. Take one helping of Spinach soufflé and spoon 1 to 2 tsp Cheese sauce over it and enjoy the dish with Crisp bread or Melba toasts and Soup.
Previously boiled spinach and potatoes can be used provided they are at room temperature. If stored under refrigeration, take them out 1 hour before the actual use or warm in microwave, so that the main ingredients are at room temperature; otherwise the cooking times vary.
This dish can be baked in preheated conventional oven also, i.e. CONVECTION mode of your microwave oven.
*All the images are indicative.