Cooking Time : 9 minutes micro cooking.
Preparation & Cooking
- In a deep microwave-safe glass bowl mix together strawberries, sugar and lemon juice.
- Place the lid or cover it with cling film.
- Cook on micro HIGH for 6 minutes, stirring once in between or till mixture starts boiling and the berries are soft.
- Cool and pass the mixture through the liquidiser or force through a sieve.
- Put the purée in a bowl and cook once again for 2 minutes on micro HIGH, uncovered or until the sauce is slightly thick.
Serve the sauce hot or chilled over cakes, puddings or ice-creams. You may use the purée for making strawberry shake or sherbet. Fill the tart shells with strawberry sauce.
Make Raspberry or Blueberry Sauce. Use raspberries as substitute of strawberries and follow rest of the recipe. Blueberries are not common in India, but if you get them in any other part of the world, just use blueberries in place of strawberries and follow rest of the recipe the same way. Make Strawberry Shake. Mix 2 tbsp strawberry purée, 1 glass milk and 4 ice cubes in a blender and churn for a nice strawberry shake. Make Strawberry Sherbet. Mix 2 tbsp purée, 1 glass water and a few ice cubes in a blender for a few seconds and strain. Serve strawberry sherbet.
*All the images are indicative.