Stuffed and Baked Cauliflower
Cooking Time : 16 minutes microwave cooking.
Preparation & Cooking
- Wash cauliflower and soak it in enough water mixed with 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp lemon juice for 30 minutes to 1 hour, so that cauliflower gets cleaned thoroughly.
- Take it out of water and place it in steaming basket with ¼ cup water underneath and cook on micro HIGH for 6 minutes, covered. Remove from oven and cover to keep it warm.
- In a separate bowl mix, all other ingredients except cheese. Check the salt and pepper.
- Take out the cauliflower; with a butter knife gently open the flowerets and apply the onion-tomato mixture all over inside and outside the flowerets; cover it properly with it.
- Place the cauliflower in a microwave proof plate and sprinkle grated cheese over it.
- Bake on COMBINATION – 1 mode (micro + grill) for 10 to 12 minutes. Cauliflower will be heated through properly, cheese will melt and top will appear golden brown.
- When baked, stand it for 3 minutes inside the oven.
Surround the 'Baked Cauliflower' with tomato slices or Cucumber wedges, and serve it hot with any Indian or Continental meal.
Place a knife and fork with it for cutting the desired size pieces of the cauliflower.
Stuff cauliflower with well flavoured 1 cup spinach purée mixed with ½ cup cheese sauce and ¼ cup cheese sprinkled all over it. Garnish it with tomato wedges.
Boil cauliflower in advance; apply stuffing mixture; top with grated cheese; cut the garnishing and store everything under refrigeration; take it out 1 hour before preparation and bake just before serving.
If your microwave does not have COMBINATION mode, you can bake this dish in CONVECTION mode, but preheat the oven before use.
*All the images are indicative.