Tomato Splendour (Cream of Tomato)
Cooking Time : 9 minutes micro cooking.
Preparation & Cooking
- Cook roughly chopped tomatoes and carrot with ½ cup water on micro HIGH for 5 minutes.
- Cool and liquidise to purée consistency. Mix 2 cups stock and strain through a sieve.
- Mix béchamel sauce with tomato mixture in a blender and churn.
- Place the mixture in a deep microwave-safe bowl and add 1 cup of stock, salt and pepper powder in it and stir well with a rotary beater.
- Cook on micro HIGH for first 5 minutes and then on MEDIUM for 10 minutes. Remove and mix cream in it.
- Season the soup according to the individual taste.
Serve hot in individual soup bowls/cups garnished with fried phool makhanas or roasted Croutons. Phool Makhanas are roasted lotus seeds. The method to make croutons in a microwave has already been written in 'Microwave Tips'.
'Gudamba' means a relish made of gur, i.e jaggery and amba is mango. It is very popular in Maharashtra and Gujarat. During mango season, it is eaten with almost every meal. In Northern India also it is prepared but is a different.
Cream of Spinach: Spinach purée + white sauce + stock + fresh cream + seasoning. Cream of Pumpkin: Cooked and puréed pumpkin pulp + clove powder + béchamel sauce + seasoning. Serve it garnished with roasted sesame seeds and chopped coriander. Cream of Mushroom: Mushroom sauce passed through a liquidiser + Veg/non-veg stock + chopped mushroom + seasoning +cream + parsley. Cream of Mixed Veg: Cooked and puréed mix vegetables + ginger powder + water + seasoning +coconut milk. Add a bouquet garni while cooking vegetables. Garnish with fried Garlic.
*All the images are indicative.